Thread: What the.....?
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 12:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
ZiggyB

I hate to sound sexist, but I do think that a lot of men are not as good with this empathy thing as women, they are always told they need to be tough and manly and a lot of them aren't good with exhibiting real caring behavior. At least I have not known too many that seem to be... lmao

But I have to say it does sound like your AH is pretty angry and delusional above the norm, which is quite unfortunate.

When I was dating axbf he would get totally condescending over inspirational books and quotes I would read telling me how stupid they were. To me that seemed a bit sad, why would you undermine someone's efforts to try and make themselves happier?

If he truly makes you miserable, you definitely could leave, I left my 16 year relationship with my ex-h a few years ago, I got the best job I could find which wasn't much and now I live in a little studio apartment. I have a lot less money than I used to but I'm also not living with someone I don't really love anymore. You would get child support and you'd be okay on your own. Maybe it's just time to cut the cord?