View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 11:46 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  
Wanabfree

Originally Posted by hallegirl View Post
Congrats to you for making the choice to get off these terrible drugs. It's not easy, and definitely takes the commitment that it sure sounds like you have! Good for you.
The night sweats take time. It actually took me a few weeks to get rid off the night time sweats, and I still get a bit of hot cold chills in the day. I think it depends on everyone's own situation and for how much and how long u used the drugs , so it's very individual. I will tell you though it gets easier. Sometimes it feels like you go back a step in this process and feel like crap, but it does pass and you can see he future that is free of drugs.
Well I'm rambling, but so happy for you that you are doing this. The forum is great for support, and you may even make a friend or two who are just as committed as you are. Stay strong.
Thanks Hallegirl, I'm at day 11 and doing great! The sweats were the worst for me because it was all day and all night long. I thought they'd never go away and I'd be a sweaty mess forever. But thank goodness it stopped yesterday!!! I'm pretty much over all my symptoms now but still fighting the lack of energy and motivation. I know that, too, will get better with time.

The pain that I was prescribed my meds for is still there. I just hope I can find a natural way to deal with it. Feeling like I have no quality of life and not wanting to do anything is no way to live and I want to be an active mommy for my 20 month old daughter and I also never want to have to rely on pain meds again, either. But for now, I am so HAPPY to be free of the meds and the sickness!! I am so thankful for that!!!!!