Old 11-27-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Tippingpoint

Originally Posted by Quinnleigh View Post
Yes thank you I will. I just find everyone there seems to be doing AA and "counting days" and that doesnt work for me. In my mind, Im done, I dont need to wait to succeed, Im already a non drinker doing my life. I just re read the Allen Carr book, and he says not to count. Why count? It's over. but I'll give it a go, maybe others are doing AVRT too...
Maybe just check it out and see if it seems helpful. I didn't discover AVRT till I was a few months along in the process so just found the support to be helpful early on...

However, I think it is prudent to be building a foundation from which you rely on no one other than yourself for sobriety. I'm not sure if all the monthly groups are the same but by 6 months or so there were just a handful of us left that we're still committed to sobriety. When you see 90% of a working group of individuals fail like that it can be a convenient example for your beast to point to.

If you've got both arms around AVRT and are comfortable with the support you're getting here then you may not need the group thing.

The one thing I know to be true is that there is no right and no wrong...each of us must find their way through and for each of us it will be a little different.