Thread: New to AVRT
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 08:45 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by DejaVu2 View Post
I wish I had my monster back. Was an alcoholic for years. Self Recovered with no "method" no longer hear any monsters
Hi DejaVu2,

When I think right now what my favorite drink used to be way back then - decades ago - in my mind I can see the bottle of scotch in my right hand, feel its weight, see the golden liquor pouring out into the tumbler, hear the crackling of the ice, and smell the fumes. I then imagine putting down the bottle and picking up the tumbler and slowly swallowing a nice slug of it. The warmth, the flavor, the nasal clearing, the slight burning going down - it all comes back and I recognize the old desire (the Beast) and a teeny voice inside that says "Yup, it will always be there for you." (my AV) Notice it said "for you", not "for me".

Your "monster" IS there and CAN be Recognized - not Battled (its AVRT not AVBT) - any time you want. It's now just an inconsequential relic of your having once been addicted to booze.

You don't have to answer, but I bet you've made a commitment to never drink again.

I was thinking maybe your name choice reflects what you did to quit and that now you're here for a loved one.

GT