Old 11-27-2012, 07:48 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
dybehfar
Do You Believe

Quinn,

My first few days were pretty crappy. Head in a fog. By day 5 I had clarity back but my nerves were raw and I tended to suffer a full range of emotions. I tried not to over react and take it easy.

I worked all the way through my "detox" so I found it very important not to over react to work or to what people said(my first 4 days were over a long weekend at home). In the first couple of weeks it is very easy to have your mind run off in all manner of directions. Focus was hard to come by.

By two weeks I was pretty well back to normal. Still had minor sleep issues and stress would trigger me(physical or emotional). My heart would race and anxiety would spill out. I also noticed some very slight shakiness. I would have to excuse my self, go to the restroom or some other room and just breath and calm myself down. Would only take a few minutes.

I am coming up on 1 month and things are markedly better.

So I guess my point is if you can just hang in there for several days things start to look better. For me I set expectations that I would really not feel good for a month or so and not to be hard on myself. Ignore any regrets or thoughts of the past. Also ignore any thoughts of the concept of never again. That seemed hard for me to grasp and would get my AV to start sounding off. Just get through the first couple of weeks and the rest of the RR / AVRT program can really take hold.

Hope that helps. I know you can do it.