Old 11-25-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

We were having a good week....and then QUACK!

LOL, I have to laugh at our situation sometimes or else I think I'd truly go mad. We have new family news to share: WE'RE GOING TO GET A DOG! I have been pining away for a new dog since we put our old girl down back in September and I know my son has, too. I kept thinking: the timing isn't right, the timing isn't right, etc and then I realized: when will the timing ever be right? I live in chaos with someone who is mentally unstable and binge drinks, so it will never be right. So, I made the command decision to go out and adopt a dog.

Ah has been OK with it this past week. We've actually had a few good conversations about it, discussing the backyard, the fencing, etc. Until this morning! He decided to get snarky and start his quacking at me, UGH! I asked him if he was coming with us at 11 to go see the dogs. He said, "Of course, I have to make sure you can find a dog you can TRUST! Because if you can't, then we might as well call the whole thing off." Oooo, that burned me. He said it all snarky and had that stupid look on his face that said 'I'm starting something, wanna play'. I ignored him, I knew he was referring to me and my trust issues with him. Just when we had had a few good days, he decides to start again.

It doesn't help either that my son told me that my AH got 6 more months tacked onto his ignition interlock(bringing it up to 2 years) and AH hasn't told me about it. My son tried to tell me the story of how my AH was getting gas and left the car running but didn't hear the interlock go off and didn't blow. Ummm, since when do you leave the car running when you get gas? Ridiculous, but I'd expect nothing less at this point. I wasn't angry about the extra time, even though it cost $90 a month,I was more ticked off that AH hasn't told me about it yet.