Old 11-24-2012, 04:35 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Quinnleigh View Post
I made an attempt, I picked a day and failed. I buckled under the beast, who took my "I" and said "Ive picked the wrong day, next week will be better, by then xyz...."

And before I knew it I had blown it.

If anything it has strengthened my resolve but trying to shake off the dissappointment and hopelessness in myself and try again. Ok not try, actually do it (Yoda / Tipping Point).
All you've really done is succeed in drinking, not so much failed in not drinking, you know?

None of us can be sweet talked or otherwise "helped into" making a Big Plan to quit drinking. Its really a personal choice, and its nobody's business when that same Big Plan comes into being. Or not being, as the case may be. Don't sweat the failure. Take on the responsibility of once again succeeding in your Beast's desires and your own enduring plans to drink.

Separation is the ideal place to be. This cannot be said to often. Separation is essential. With taking on responsibility for your choice to return to drinking you're taking back the real deal of who is really in charge, and this begins the separation required with AVRT.

Forget about failure, and just become responsible for what choices are being made. This is the very best starting place to start again.