View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Lillamy, although it was not what you intended, the fact that your man chose to spend Xmas with you and the kids speaks volumes to his character.

My now-ex didn't make the same choice last year, and instead made it very clear he preferred his family of origin over me and the girls. For T-giving and Xmas. It hurt all of us, and the sad thing is he acted as if I was unreasonable for thinking he should spend Xmas with his family of creation. So he goes home to his parents, all the while telling me he can't cancel these plans because his siblings were joining him, except that his siblings didn't arrive until the day after Xmas day. So my request to spend Xmas with us and fly out the day after would have made sense, given his siblings' choices to spend the actual holiday with their own family of creation. *SIGH* Huge red flag I also chose to ignore at the time.

So maybe you didn't intend for him to change his plans, the fact that he did shows how much he cares and prioritizes you and the kids. I admire that; he sounds like a good man.