View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 09:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
IndaMiricale
Powerless over Alcohol

Keep it Simple....

Good day all.

These holidays are tough. I even called over to my fathers yesterday and told them I would not be coming over. I have some good sober time behind me , but I was feeling squirrely for some reason about being there. So I will be at a alcathon instead. Where they start a meeting every 2 hours. Many months ago I didnt have such a foundation to be able to do this. Stick with it all and you can too.

For liquor used to be my friend, more than that my best friend. I need to have that friend always , each day for each emotion. And I sure did have great times with the bottle in hand . Absolutly everyone I was with or if I was alone I had a blast with the bottle. Wondering from place to place meeting people and taking hostestages(girlfriends). But somewhere during this time that bottle slowly turned on me and became my enemy. I know it creeped in and didnt happen over night. Slowly started to get in trouble with one dui, and years later another, and finally yet another. And over these years I started to loose jobs and it became harder and harder to keep one. And then to get able to try to go find employment anymore. I could not hold my body together to have interviews . The shaking was to fierce.

But thankfully I dont live that way anymore , I learned that the bottle is my largest enemy. And threw my Higher Power, AA, and SR I know live happily in this sober state. I do realize today that nothing and I mean nothing is more important then my sobriety and program. If I dont have that I truly cant have anything that I would want. So I practice everyday in being teachable and try my best to have my hand out for the fellow person that suffers. Together is the key to sobriety in my eyes. And I hope everyone can find some peace and find the place where we lose the compulsion of drink. I cant describe how nice that feels to not want the drink anymore. Sure sometimes I think about it and I know many things will come up that I will catch myself saying wow a drink sure would be nice. But I have learned and have a defense from that awful life that the one drink will take me to again.

Thanks as always and keep posting.

And remember to Smile cause Sobriety looks good on YOU

Keep living the dream and stay on the beam.

Good love, Inda