Old 11-21-2012, 07:31 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
DejaVu2
Music Junkie

Holy Blejiberishness! I don't have words for what I just stumbled upon.
Yesterday I was in the chat room and somebody (I need to remember who it was) mentioned AVRT and was asking about it. I never heard of it. They explained a little and I was like "meh, might as well check it out. Nothing to lose" kind of idea. I've read. and I think .... Holy SOB I think I got it.

It makes sense. Nothing else ever makes sense. THIS makes sense. I like it. I want it.
I'm 2+ years sober from alcohol and pills. I don't know to this day how exactly that happened.
My husband was 2.5 years clean from a 13yr crack addiction and relapsed last month and has slipped 3 more times since then.

He describes the wanting as a little monster in his head playing tug-a-war with the him inside his head. He has already on his own distinguished the differences between him and "it" and I think with AVRT he can really do this. I think this is a god send. Seriously I'm like at a loss for words with how much I truly believe this could work for him.

It's how he describes his problem. He just doesn't know what to do with his little monster that he describes. This could be exactly what he needs. I am forever grateful to that random member in the chat room asking about AVRT and I wish I remember who that was.

Sooo looking into this more and so happy I stumbled upon SR in the first place. People here are awesome