View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 03:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SadHeart

Originally Posted by ISOHumility View Post
1. He hates the program; only has stopped smoking weed so he doesn't get kicked out of the house.

Yay, he stopped smoking weed! It's okay to hate the program.

2. He hates God. If he could, he would nail God to the cross himself. (His quote.)

Don't worry about this. God can take care of himself, God understands. When your 2 year shouted I hate you I wish you were dead and threw himself on the floor, did you think twice about it? This is a non issue. Please do not despair or read too much into his anger with God. The two of them will work it out in their time. It's not a sign of your son's character.

3. This is the most important one: He feels overwhelmed by paper homework. He hates it, cannot even imagine doing the big stack that has accumulated during his suspension. I know kids with ADHD have problems like this, but this is the first time has has told me this directly and honestly, and only because he was roaring with rage.

My ADD son hated paper homework too. He could not do it. He explained it to me once, what agony it was. Get a student advocate and work on a IEP and see if there is an alternative school in a building, or if he can go to another regular school that is away from his drug haunts, or if he can go to a private school on the public dime.

Hugs, hugs, and more hugs.