Thread: need to rant
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 08:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
dancingnow

If my "R"AH is drinking he is drinking alone and not socially and I agree that his isolation is a problem.

He continues to harp on his hurt feelings that I still don't trust him and think he is drinking.

I've decided to just agree with him that yes, based on what I've been through with him I still have times when I think he is drinking and if he says he's not then so be it.

It still doesn't change that he continues to try to control our relationship, discount my thoughts and feelings and not communicate or I should say he communicates that he doesn't want to communicate with me.

That's the way it is, whether it's stinkin thinkin from effects of long term alcohol abuse or his personality or that he is still drinking or whatever it is. I don't like it. I told him that.

If it continues this way, hopefully I will have enough of my own recovery that I will take the steps I need to take to get out of this marriage that is void of any connection, love or respect.

I am happy to be able to say I don't like it and yes it very well may be I do try to make things seem better than they are. I can be peaceful and calm and not accept behavior that is unacceptable to me.

HUGS to everyone on SR, may you all find your peace, joy and comfort amidst the chaos of an insiduous disease that takes hold of those we love and alters all of us when we don't even know it and sometimes when we do and don't know how to stop it. May we find our true selves and be the person we were meant to be and experience all the good in our lives that God has planned for us.

Thank you all for being here, I really needed your kind words, valid points and encouragement.