Thread: My own path...
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by vinyl
And let's not get into who's path has been around longer, I think I'd win that one. Addiction to alcohol is a symptom of a much deeper samsara. I won't go in depth here, but living in the present moment and the Dharma has been around and practiced by quite a few more than those who just practice the phrase, I will never drink again. You'll just have to trust me and the centuries old teachings of Buddhism I guess.
I guess maybe you missed my post about this approach/paradigm being several thousand years old. I study Buddhism as well. I do not consider myself more enlightened than anyone else, in fact such comparisons are meaningless. Like I said, I'm enjoying the ride. I have not "missed" what you are saying, nor do I require further clarification. I like to see what makes people tick and how they view life, and equally I like to share my thoughts. I enjoy an exchange of ideas, however I sense that someone disagreeing with you makes you uncomfortable, so I'll not present any more ideas that appear contrary to yours.