Thread: My own path...
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 11:10 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I simply don't add the unnecessary anxiety of believing I can control the vast unknown ahead of me.
I cannot control the vast unknown, but my consumption of alcohol is not the vast unknown. Far from it. It is well known. Intimately known. For you, never or forever creates anxiety, but for me it creates comfort. You say tomayto I say tomahto. The key here is...am I reducing my suffering? Am I creating the desired effect in my life? Personally I find the differences in approaches fascinating.

There's no reason to when I can simply not drink right now.
That is correct. As Freshstart says, it's always now.

I'm not disagreeing with you on any point here. I'm just presenting my thoughts, the same as you are presenting yours. Some match, some don't. What I have found most valuable about this site and specifically the secular forum, is that the exchanges are so authentic and sound because differences are not seen as a threat. I have learned much from others here. Even after many years of abstinence from alcohol and drugs and many years of personal growth, fellow travelers here continue to broaden my truths.

OM dude