View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 12:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
vinyl

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
Well, that's the thing, vinyl. It's not the "what" that works. It's about how we assimilate concepts. How we use our minds to create the desired effect. All things are impermanent...what we believe today may not necessarily be what we believe tomorrow, or maybe it will. Sure is a fun ride though, that's all I know
You have summed up my own belief here. However I do believe there is a "what". There is a practicality to my practice, a what, a path, a course of action. "Right Action" is part of the Eight-fold Path (my own Buddhist practice) and there's nothing wrong with being practical when finding a what you can relate to and follow, especially if it brings you close to understanding sobriety, and better yet, your true nature.

But I do think you and I are bordering semantics and are about to get into physics here. We've got to be careful not to move into duality with this. I think we can settle on the fact we both agree on impermanence and how important that is for us to consider in our path to sobriety.

Be well.