View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 09:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
vinyl

Originally Posted by tammy711 View Post
They make me question the "and I never will".

I think I am good now (right now)
This is an important statement. You are questioning the future for which none of us are in control, but one sentence later you say you are comfortable in the here and now, which you are in control. I think the answer is clear. Why struggle with a concept for which you have no control over? Just be present, right here, right now. Do not drink right now, and BOOM, you are successful in sobriety!

Celebrate this sober moment, and then the next. There is nothing to be afraid of until we begin attaching all this extra stuff, this "future", "beast" or "never". Why make your suffering more difficult than it has to be? Impermanence is science, delusional concepts like "forever" and imaginary creatures like a "beast" is not.

For me, I side with science and working hard to be present and awake. Especially when my reward is celebrating my sobriety every single moment, without the anxiety of fearing a character that does not exist or a future I have no control over. But that's just me.

Again, I know the beast and "big plan" work for some, and that is just fine if it keeps you sober. I'm simply sharing my own path and understanding.

Good luck to you!