View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 05:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dybehfar
Do You Believe

Struggling with Anger

Ok. I am having a really hard time tonight. Not with drinking but with my feelings of anger over an incident that occurred over dinner. First let me say that I am an intensely private individual. My wife made a comment to her mother at dinner with the family that she hopes that a certain couple would not come over to our house for Thanksgiving (as they drink a lot), given the current situation and then pointed to the wine glasses that they were drinking from. Obviously insinuating that my drinking may return. I was embarrassed, ashamed, and I had an intense feeling of anger.

I know it is not necessarily right. I have been reflecting on this. I don't know if this is the AV. It is not driving me to drink or asking me to. I have looked into the ABC's from SMART Recovery and and trying to place it in the correct perspective. I am sure this is irrational, but it really got me spun up. I am having a hard time letting it go. My AV may be lurking somewhere in these thoughts but can't separate the feelings.

Any thoughts? I am very confused.