View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 07:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

Games addicts play

I have been thinking lately about all that has been going on. The marriage counseling, the blameshifting, the denial, the hiding of the money, the secretive behavior, etc and I am officially calling it the "don't look at me game". My AH has somehow developed the ability to have a mirror that only turns outward.

I know that none of this is funny but I'm just sick and tired of it. Yesterday was our pseudo anniversary where we had a monthly contest going to see who could say happy anniversary first. He used to pride himself in texting me first or calling me first. It was something that bonded us over the years despite all the trauma and difficulties we've had. Yesterday I texted him, never heard back. I followed it up in the evening with another text and asked him to put the taco meat on the counter away, he didn't respond to the text but at least he put the meat away.

I feel like he's trying to make me mad so that he can point the finger at me about God only knows what when we go to counseling tomorrow. I need to bring up the money issue as well because I tried to talk to him over the weekend about it but he walked away from me. I literally said, "Where are you going? I'm trying to talk to you." His response? "I'm at fault, just do what you have to do." Gee, that was helpful and productive.

Lately, he goes to play tennis in the AM and the sleeps on the couch all afternoon. It's driving me crazy because I have to homeschool my son and do housework and cook, etc and he's passed out on the couch. I'm guessing he's depressed, not sure if he's drinking or if he's trying the white knuckled sobriety again, guess it doesn't matter. I'm doing my best to just take care of me and take care of my son. My son's tics have been getting worse as they usually do this time of year because of the holiday excitement and fall allergies. He's pretty miserable so I've been researching the meds for tics and trying to find a new neurologist or doc to do some testing on him as well as finding a different chiropractor. Sigh, if it's not one thing it's another around here.