Old 11-13-2012, 02:50 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
hypochondriac

Originally Posted by Quinnleigh View Post
GERANDTWINE: “Learning AVRT effectively while continuing to drink is impossible.”

Why? There isn’t any other way for me to do it. AVRT is going to be my weapon, without it, it will just be like all the other days I have tried to quit and ended up at the Bottle shop anyway…. I have to prepare before hand, and plan to keep reading it for as long as it takes… (But yes part of me loves it that the book hasn’t arrived yet – any excuse to continue – at least I can see that now).
If you are drinking you will not hear your AV. You're still feeding it booze so it's all sedate and happy. Take away it's favourite toy and it will kick up a big stink and the work really begins

There is no reason why you can't read up on AVRT while you're still drinking, just be prepared to revisit it sober. If you have done the crash course on line and read all the threads on here I reckon that's more than enough to get you started.

Regarding the forever thing, I think the RR book has a bit on 'forever' being 'now'. It's a bit like ODAAT but not. The only time is now. So when tomorrow comes it is 'now'. It made my head hurt a bit but I like it. Basically, stop worrying about the stuff that happens in the future because the future is now, or something. I'm sure someone with more knowledge on AVRT will explain it better...