Old 11-12-2012, 05:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
dybehfar
Do You Believe

Hi Quinn,

Welcome! Sorry you are at this point in your life. I wish you weren't in such an uncomfortable position but many of us have been there so we all can relate. SR is a great site and has lots of vey caring helpful people. I wish the AVRT thread was a bit busier than it is but perhaps that is becuase group discussions are not necessary using AVRT. My speculation anyways.

Reading JT's "Rational Recovery: A new cure for addiction" book will exlain in great (yet simple) details on just about everything you need to know to deal with your beast. You can read much of it on Google books. At least enough to get started until your material arrives. I will say the first few days are a bit rough if you have to go through withdrawl. Have you quit yet? Have you experienced withdrawl before? Not sure where you are in the process.

I found educating myself or at least comparing notes helped me plan out my initial detox and what to expect. At the top of the alcoholism fourm there is a quitting and what to expect thread.

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns. I would be happy to lend a hand. I am not and expert my any means, but have much practical experience and others here have tons of experience.

Hang in there.