View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 02:15 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by dollydo View Post
You have a very tight knit circle going on in your house, you are a SAHM, you home school, so your son is there and your hubby works from home. That is alot of togetherness and perhaps
some thought might be given to making some changes in your life. You are educated and capable, perhaps finding yourself a job out of the house and allowing your son to go to a regular school might be of help in untangling this circle, IMO there is too much of a power struggle going on, too much control being bartered for.

Getting healthy takes lots of work and time, it does not happen overnight, keep moving forward at your own pace....Rome wasn't built in a day.
My son's tennis schedule keeps us out of the house often enough and he takes classes at a homeschool co-op on a large church campus 2 days a week. I am gone more than you think and AH travels bi-weekly for week and is gone for 3 days a week or more.

I am currently researching part time job opportunities because I couldn't do full time with my son's schedule, as I can't count on AH to do any driving, orthodontic appointments, or tennis tournaments. His travel tournaments require me to be gone from Friday to Monday about twice a month and practices start at 4 during the week. Most of the kids have at least one parent who doesn't work or who has serious flexibility in their work schedule (think independently wealthy or people who can make their own hours). None of the kids he trains with live in our part of town so I can't find a ride for him.

Rome may not have been built in a day, I know, but I am getting impatient with myself and I know it's my own fault. Dragging my feet, etc. Living in denial. I see him in his disease and there's a part of me that still has compassion despite my mistrust of him, etc. I guess I keep clinging to that one thread, that's slowly becoming skinnier and more worn as the days wear on.