Old 11-10-2012, 12:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Anaya

It's great that you're seeking support for you. Keep on posting and reaching out as well.

I agree with the suggestions of other posters.

As one mom to another, who understands the pain and frustration, I'd like to share some of my experience. Sweet, manipulative, and fragile are adjectives I also will use to describe my then teen son; when under the influence - violent, unstable, selfish, and anxious are more.

As our children were growing up, we tried what we thought was best to teach them right from wrong, protect them, and to offer help and support with school, sports, and other activities; in my son's case, also offering counseling and treatment. Generally, we thought we were doing the right thing. Unfortunately, once he was in his teens, the crowd he ran with and his own intentions won over...over and over again.

Things finally got to the point that when AS was 19, I could take no more, agreed with my husband to not let him back into our home, started on my path to not enabling, and when our son ended up in jail, we would not bail him out. It's also helpful that I then found SR. Thank goodness for that. Participating here helped a lot and still does.

I understand and send prayers for strength for you.