Old 11-10-2012, 12:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

Originally Posted by ISOHumility View Post
I am staying in this day, focusing on doing good things for myself, and working my two programs. (I prayed today that during these 45 days, I learn to take care of myself while still being present to my son.
I have learned that if I do not take care of myself first, I am not present or worth a damn to anyone else.

My youngest was in juvenile lockup after her initial court appearance for running away. She was a ward of the state at that point because I had done everything possible and reached out to numerous resources before she ran away, to no avail.

This juvenile lockup was just like a prison, including the razor wire around the facility. They were locked in individual rooms with nothing but a bed and a simple desk, and had to wear the facility jumpsuits and cloth slippers provided. That was 60 days of hell for her, and that was a consequence of her decisions.

16 months in the system total, the last 12 being in a foster home for high risk teens.

It was a horrible period in my life, physically, emotionally, and financially.

I can tell you that both of us came away better people from that experience.

Stay in today, keep a conscious contact with your higher power, and you already have my phone number, dear.

Hugs of support to you!