View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 07:50 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
NatalieN

I am also in a funk Samwitch, and staying indoors all day is not good for me. I am trying to convince my niece to go bike riding with me tomorrow. The weather is glorious in my neck of the woods this time of the year.

Last Sunday I was feeling the same way and forced myself to go to an air show at the air force base. I had a wonderful time. The show was amazing. Sometimes we just have to take that first step out of the funkiness and the rest just takes care of itself.

Staying home for too long tends to work against me. I am always looking for free or cheap activities to do outdoors.

I literally had to force me to bathe my dog yesterday. She smelled terribly and had poop on her collar, probably from playing outside. It felt like an insurmountable task, but once I took that first step, the rest followed effortlessly and I actually enjoyed it. I got a warm fuzzy feeling because I just knew how much my dog was enjoying her bath and how grateful she was feeling.

Taking that first step of out a funk is crucial to me. Lately I have had no cravings but have been feeling sorry for myself and very sensitive to others comments, etc, etc. I believe this is a trait shared by many who drink alcoholicly and it leads me nowhere good. It's my responsibility to get me out of this negative state of mind because I already know where it takes me. Staying in bed and allowing myself to continue to think negatively will lead me to the wine so if my niece says no to biking tomorrow I'll be spending some time with my chihuahua at the doggy park.

Lets enjoy our sober weekend October class.

Natalie