View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 02:59 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
MidnightBlue
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, JHE!

I am Ok today. My day off from the gym, so I'm wasting my energy cleaning up the mess in the flat). It's freezing today, winter is just about to be here. But it's sunny and beautiful overall.

Winterblues are my recurrent friend every year (actually, along with autumn, spring, and summer blues). Yes, you are right, it's harder in winter. It seems so natural to have a glass of wine at the end of a cold winter day. Or to make some mulled wine. It's like something that people have been doing for ages and that gives you some warm comfortable feeling.

I am trying to remove this poetic veil from "wine romance" and remind myself, that the way I look after more than one glass will be far from "romantic" (I still have that hangover picture in my cell phone).

I, maybe, saying cliches now, but you are not weak. You just think you are. Challenge youself in something. In something different, other than sobriety (I mean, stay sober and focus on something else). I don't know, if it makes sense or not, but it helps when you unveil your power in many different ways, and put another soldier in your sobriety army.

Don't keep low profile, sometimes it helps a lot just to scream on the thread "I can't do this any mooooooore", rather than to suppress it within.

Have a good day)