View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 11:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JJK

giving SMART another shot..

so, ive been to SMART before, but finally got on their website and registered on their message boards. lots of good stuff. been reading it all night and hope to attend an online meeting tomorrow and a face to face on monday. this sort of approach is right up my alley too.

i left "name witheld" program many months ago. decided if it wasnt a "disease", then i didnt have anything to have to stay on top of or work on. i was alone, pissed off, depressed, all of these things just snuck up subtly then all of a sudden it was like "im in too deep". a few weeks back started to drink occassionally to kill those feelings. last couple weeks its been about everyday. at home alone. its just a crappy feeling. it didnt even hit me til today that "hey, remember you have this one problem".

im sober right now. i dont have the cravings, thank god. my only concern is keeping hope alive and doing things thatll make me feel good and not down or bored or pity, etc, then i probably wont have to go to the store, for now, i dont think. and will probably feel better about things in general as well.