View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 06:54 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
SundaysChild

Originally Posted by PerhapsLove View Post
My husband decided he can't have any contact with her for now. He can't even talk about her without getting furious. It is so difficult for me to listen to the things that he says. I don't blame him for his feelings and I do believe he will have a different attitude if she starts to make better choices..

Everyone has their own journey, and everyone deals with pain differently. I would be a rich woman if I had a dime for every time my husband said "We'd be better off if he were dead...or I don't have a son anymore...or similar statements." It would cut right through me. In addition to letting go of my son, I needed to let go of my husband's feelings - they aren't MY feelings- and I shouldn't feel them along with him.

My son is working recovery for now, so I don't hear this anymore - but I'm sure if he relapses again, my husband will go right back to that place of fear...which for him, comes out as anger.

I pray that your daughter will turn to recovery this time around, and I pray that you will have the strength to deal with whatever comes.

**{Hugs}}