View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 01:04 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
caligirl71

Originally Posted by Maylie View Post
He isn't going to be remorseful or see that he needs to change if he doesn't have to deal with the consequences from the DUI.

He chose to drink and drink and therefore lost his license. By you driving him to work he doesn't have to feel the consequences from not being able to drive. Now he just gets in the passanger seat instead of the drivers seat. If you want him to realize that seriousness of getting a DUI, HE needs to get himself to work. He needs to walk, ride a bike, take a train, take a bus, ANYTHING but have it nice and easy and get a free ride from you.

The fines are a little bit more stressful because if he fails to take care of paying them then your whole family could be brought down. I would try to give him the task of figuring out how to pay the fines such as he has no spending money since all his extra activities that he enjoys will have to be put on hold till he pays his fine.

I would take a look at how he is affecting you in a negative way and how he is affecting your children. Is this how you want to live? I would start setting some boundaries and move from there.

hugs

Maylie
I did not drive him to work today, nor will I be picking him up. He called his dad and he drove him. He said if he loses his job it's all my fault. Nothing is ever his fault. I'm so angry. It has all been lies..to me, to his kids, to everyone. Great week for my counselor to be on vacation!