View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 12:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
hypochondriac

Originally Posted by mewantsober View Post
I'm scared silly to go to the doctor because my wife doesn't keep secrets from her family and I know nobody will ever look at me the same again if my problems became public. I really wanted to do this on my own and get healthy and move on with life, but with each passing day i'm not seeing improvement and I don't know if I can hold out much longer.
Welcome to SR Mewantsober

So, what are you holding out for?

I can totally relate to where you are... I had lot's of health anxiety when I was drinking. I still do a bit, but I remind myself what a positive impact not drinking and smoking must be having on my life and then try not to worry about it. Easier said than done I know, but whatever damage you may have done can only get better now that you are not drinking.

Btw, you have done this on your own. 3 months not drinking without support is a massive achievement. Now you just have to do whatever is necessary to keep it that way.

Personally I think you'll go nuts if you don't go to your docs and get a blood test done for that liver. I was absolutely convinced that I had liver damage and it took a few tests to convince me otherwise. I sincerely hope that all your health anxiety is in your head too

And please stick around SR. I hate to think of people out there with no support. This place is great for support. Glad you're here x