View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 12:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
recoverytime

Hey Twenties,

5 days is great and I totally know what you mean about telling my loved ones. They all reacted in hugely different ways and at first I went down my normal route of trying to control the reactions in some and feeling resentful when I couldn't. I actually felt that my partner should be pitying me, even though I had spent all of our savings and had been deceitful, dishonest and completely selfish for some, OK not some, all of our relationship. But the dust has settled and 'coming out' as an addict and alcoholic is the single best thing I have done. I don't have to lie anymore (although i do, as i said for no particular reason) and I can be myself, even though that is painful at times. Lastly I worry less about what people think about me although this is a work in progress.

It's the foundation for my recovery and I just know that I have so much good stuff in store, no matter what life throws at me. I have a new found faith that everything is going to be OK and by handing my days over to my HP (even though I don't what is, I just know I am completely powerless) I will be OK. God as I understand will take care of it.

Thanks a million to Anna, Heath and everyone else, just being on this forum has increased my joyousness and sense of freedom for today.