View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 07:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
evilk

Rational Recovery

I'm reading Rational Recovery and just starting out. I have yet to say I will never drink again, but I'm able to say I don't drink. I have lot's of contradictions going on in my head just saying that. Right now my husband is not drinking right along with me, but he doesn't admit that a beer will lead to a bottle. It's the panic involved. If you admit that, it means you can never drink again.

I'm just happy he's not drinking at this point. I think I have stronger will power to avoid that first drink, but I know black and white after the first, there are many more to follow. I'm still feeling last weekend's cliff jump and happy my mind is clear enough to say I want change.

This seemed to be where the "alternative folk" meet, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I don't really feel like I have all sorts of bad character flaws to correct or think I have a disease. I think drinking makes me want to drink more and makes me sick and make bad choices. I'd love to drink socially, I used to, but find I can't anymore. That's all I know for now.