Thread: Friction
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 10:14 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Weasel1966
A simple guy making his way

I am still struggling a lot. Started to read about smart recovery. I like that there are exercises to do. My partner and I are sitting down tonight and doing one. We will be comparing notes. It will be good to see where we each are and any commonality. After all while we each need to do this for ourselves the relationship does need to recover as well. It might be a good way to build intimacy. That seems to have been lost with all our drinking.

I have to say I am feeling a tremendous amount of anxiety about quitting AA. I have distinct issues with stopping things. Lol I laughed as I typed that. Really? Ya think I have issues quitting things?

What I mean is my father used to yell at me and belittle me. He always called me a quitter. Enough that I feel guilt when ever I quit something with out fully applying myself. I often stay doing something or being in relationships when they clearly are no longer healthy for me.

Oh well.... Time to step off the curb. What's the worst thing that can happen? I stay sober? Certainly I have not been shown any solid way to cope with changing my life. So why feel guilt for leaving something that does not help and move on to something that teaches ways to handle life's challenges.

Just a tough day for me. Oh well.