View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 03:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DoubleBarrel

Recovering with SR

I have come to a realization, and the AVRT technique has helped.
I am not going to drink anymore.
I realize that I will have that voice that I used to listen to, but I now have a different method to address it.

I used to get to this point in early sobriety, when "character defects" would surface, and I thought it was alcoholism.

I no longer believe that they are connected, except that alcohol masked my issues and covered up dealing with them.

I am now honest with myself, and gladly delving into things that I was previously unwilling or unable for whatever reason to face.

I also see things in a way that I really wanted to deny before.

It has been painful at times, but with each way of dealing with circumstances differently, I have gained confidence and self esteem.

Drinking has no part in the equation. Something this time is different. I have separated from the beast, and that has greatly diminished its power.

I am grateful that I have no desire to drink, and the knowledge and plan to deal with it if and/or when I do.

This website has been a blessing. I love coming here everyday and seeing what people are dealing with, it helps remind me what was, what could be, and that I am making progress. I hope others here find the kind of solace that I have.