Old 10-30-2012, 07:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
rsk

Eveleivibe,

I can understand where you are coming from.No,I do not agree that ALL addicts should be alone nor given a chance. But what needs to be understood is that many people here have given chances,multiple chances,TOO MANY, to the ones that they love.

I feel that if and when an addict puts in a 100% towards a strong recovery program and he/she is really addressing the underlying issues, then good things will come. Everyone deserves love. I wish that more than anything for my ex (REAL SOBER LOVE). The reality is that many unfortunately use their "addiction" as a constant excuse to cause pain and turmoil to their loved ones. Despite if it is intentional or not, the mind and heart places up walls to avoid that same pain again. Everyone is responsible for their OWN recovery.

The effort to get clean and truly take care of themselves is very important. With time(years), they will be better for relationships. I see it this way, there is no point in "setting" someone up. I say this as a non addict who would also be setting someone up for a less than fair relationship because I too have things to work out now. I may be young but I am old fashioned in the ways that a commitment is a commitment and until I can give a man 100% of myself honestly, I will stay single and continue working on myself. As much as everyone deserves to have a chance and true love, no one deserves to constantly be made to feel like they mean nothing. Some people just can't bare to get on the roller coaster again...myself being one of them, it hurts too much.

These are also just my thoughts. Please do not feel that someone who is taking recovery seriously should not be given credit. At a time in my life, I would have paid any amount of money to get my ex to take his recovery seriously. I do applaud those that are truly committed in taking recovery seriously...