Old 10-26-2012, 12:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
PaperDolls
Its_me_jen

Originally Posted by stalln4x View Post
I've looked at Valley Hope in Atchison and may do that, but I was wondering if there are any good programs in Kansas City for young men (NOT adolescents--I'm 22 and planning on staying that way lol).

I'd also really like to find one that makes getting and being physically healthy part of the treatment. I keep reading about people who went to rehab and all they did was sit around and talk about how addicted they are, gained 20 pounds, etc. I don't want to go to wallow... I want a nice gap where I can distance myself further from my addiction and be isolated from substances, but also where it's with guys my age and where there's some focus on character and being physically healthy; I feel like not poisoning yourself is taking away a negative, but I want to replace it with a positive and get back the old me that I and everyone else seems to want back.

I only want to go for a month or so.
I live in the KC area and don't know of any place that is that specific. If you want to quit drinking and get healthy I think the first step is to quit drinking, however you do that.

It sounds like you'd like a resort sort of setting with herbal remedies, assuming money is not an issue, there are many options like that but none in the KC area.