View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 11:15 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
BlueSkies1

Liz, is your husband still religious or a Christian? Maybe he has changed. Maybe he is no longer a Christian, and with that, may find that he feels no rewards by the friendships that are based on Christianity?
He has obviously changed in someway, even if he declares that he is still a Christian. I'm not suggesting that you corner him on that issue, but I'm wondering. What used to be enough for him when you were first married, no longer seems to satisfy him. He doesn't want to be that person you thought he was when you married him, for whatever reason. Remarks such as wanting to be alone away from people, or tired of being responsible, to me seems to point out that he hasn't found his relationships, nor being responsible, as rewarding in life. He seems to have a deep disatisfaction. If he doesn't like being responsible it has "tired him" then being responsible hasn't paid off. If he wants to go off into the woods alone, then his relationships haven't been rewarding.

It sounds like he is deeply disenchanted with life. That would point to him needing individual counseling moreso than marriage, which would explain his complacency. Now I am starting to understand your story in that he is the one that needs individual growth, and yet seems to have no clue as to how to achieve it. I'm also wondering if your disatisfaction stems from his. You were happy with the way things were in the early years, he is the one who no longer is...he's the one who changed, not you? Am I correct?