View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 06:06 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
JenT1968

He is also telling you very loudly, with a witness, exactly who he is, what he wants and what he is willing to do.

He is going to continue drinking and he wants you to have more sex with him and quit asking him to change anything.

He's not going to change anything what magic do you think the counselling is going to accomplish?

It's fair enough for him to want a marriage that includes sex, it's fair enough for you to not want to have sex with someone who is drinking, it's fair enough for him to decide he is not willing to give up drinking, it's fair enough for you to want to be married to someone you can have an emotional intimacy with. You both want each other to be fundamentally different people to who you actually are. there isn't really a "right" and "wrong" type of person, but some types rub along together and fulfil each other's needs better than others.

ExAH and I both tried this for a long time, but fundamentally, at the cores of our being, we were not suited to each other. I was able to make much better decisions once I accepted the reality of who we both were.