View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 12:08 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Fathom

Originally Posted by lizatola View Post
I thought step 4 was about taking personal inventory. I guess I thought it would be good to hear from him what my shortcomings are so I can add them to the list. I guess that's not appropriate??? Honestly, I haven't actually started doing any work on this step yet nor have I done the full readings in my Paths to Recovery book so I guess my perspective is off? I am in no way looking at this as passive aggressive. I was serious and I felt I could learn something about myself by hearing what he has to say.
Hey Liz,

I haven't gotten to step 4 yet, so grain of salt and all that. But, I think that when I get there, I'll start by allowing myself to take my own inventory for a while without the distraction of other voices steering me in other directions. If I find I'm feeling strong enough to hear other people's opinions... Well, I would not approach anyone in active addiction, particularly not someone who has been lying to me and making my head spin even during counseling sessions. I think I would look toward people I trusted and respected for their perspectives. It seems like your expectations of your AH are higher than he's capable of delivering on right now.

Take care,
Fathom