View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 05:11 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
CentralOhioDad

Originally Posted by djayr View Post
It's all so dramatic and sad and emotional to me. I hate conflict. I don't want anyone, including AW, to be mad at me. I have my own flaws and I don't want to be judgmental. So this is hard for me.

Yet I am gathering the strength to go through with it. Strength and possibly even hope and optism as to what might be next for me. It's been 2 years since she fell off the wagon; the fact is, she has not stopped drinking, so that's that. I am done with active alcoholism, this is the end of the road. Yikes...
DJ, I know how you feel - I hate conflict too, that's why I usually give in to my Wife and her tirades, but I don't want to disturb the peace. She can be sweet, but get in her way or p*ss her off, and watch out! This is something I need to work on.

IMO, you have done everything and then some to make her 'see the light', and yet she just goes on doing her thing with no regard to you and your feelings. I believe you are enabling her by giving her all the money and then some that she needs. She is an adult, she needs to start acting like one.

Read again what NWGRITS wrote - I agree with her whole-heartedly.

Regarding the Christian aspect - that's always been a factor as well in my decisions - it's what kept me married to her in the first place and not divorce her several years ago. That and my stupid pride.

Anyway, I think you know in your heart what is best for you in the short and long terms. And keep coming here for support - these people are awesome.

Peace and blessings.

C-OH Dad