View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 05:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
skarletstarlet

Angry Just Gave The No-Contact Order

Hello!

So my alcoholic fiance and I went to counselling. I don't believe the counsellor understood the extent of the drinking because she told me I have to give him one day a week to do whatever he wants (even if it means being drunk!)

I went after that on my own and she fully understood and told me to give him an ultimatum so I did. I wrote it out and gave him until Oct 29th to seek treatment. He hasn't made any attempts and has had two or three major episodes (along with many minor) in the past two weeks since I gave it to him.

Last night and the night prior were two major incidents. Both times he texted me while he was drunk. The first night he asked me to go back to my ex (haven't spoken to in 6 years.) Soon after, one of my best guy friends happened to ask if I wanted to go for coffee because we haven't seen each other since we graduated. I said yes since AF told me to get lost.

Yesterday morning he was texting me so I informed him of this coffee arrangement. He was upset so I told him, in all fairness, you shouldn't be saying things you don't mean if you don't mean them and maybe you should think twice before you tell me to get lost. He said he understood.

Last night, he was drinking and texted me 30 (yes 30) times while I was out for dinner with a girlfriend. I didn't respond because I left my phone at home on charge. He accused me of ditching my friend and instead having sex with the waiter (who was female, and I don't swing that way) and told me to go have sex with my male best friend since "I probably already have and he will find out soon."

What the heck is it about addiction that makes such a loving person so nasty and vindictive? I have never thought about cheating, but today I gave the "I am lovingly detaching myself from you" spiel in which I told him to not contact me until he is sober and receiving treatment for such a debilitating sickness.

And now I feel sick to my stomach.