Thread: Wasted family
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 08:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
supportforme

Wasted family

It's official - I'm divorced. As I was leaving the courthouse my lawyer congratulated me and it was like a knife in my heart. There is a part of me that feels relief after the years of pain and suffering but all I could think of is what a waste. What a waste of a precious family, loving wife and beautiful children - destroyed over a pill, chasing that high for what. Everything that is worth anything is left in devastation. How does a wonderful, caring father turn into this monster. I know I did the right thing, I have no doubts about the divorce - I've mourned the loss of my husband along time ago. I haven't had a partner in years. What rips me to shreds is the pain of what my boys had taken away from them. He had no right to destroy their lives and shatter their family. I pray that the knowledge and living through the reality of how addiction destroys lives gives my boys the strength they need to never sucumb to addiction themselves. I know I'll be ok but I feel so much sorrow and pain for what my boys have to deal with. There is no explaination, there's nothing I can do to cure or fix him. I'm here. Now, all I can do is take care of myself and my boys. When does the sorrow and pain stop over the waste.