View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 08:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

((Shatteredheart)) - Welcome to SR, though I'm sorry for what you are going through. I'm a codependent in recovery as well as a recovering crack addict.

I recommend you read around, especially the "stickies" - posts at the top of the forum. It's what I did when I came here and found out that others were dealing with very similar situations.

I would also recommend you do whatever you can to keep the money out of his hands - move it into an account he doesn't know about. Crack is an expensive habit and most will also pawn/sell everything in the house to get money.

I don't mean to be a downer, but this is my reality - I didn't do the stealing, but my crack-addict bf wouldn't think twice about it.

I've been working my recoveries for over 5-1/2 years, but just recently started going to al-anon meetings because of my stepmom's pill addiction. Al-anon meetings are more frequent and though it's for friends/family of alcoholics, I was welcomed and found to others there who are there because their loved one is a crack addict.

Keep reading and posting, sweetie. You may hear things you don't want to - I did at the beginning, but later realized they were right, I just wasn't ready to hear it. We do care, and you are not alone.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy