View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 04:56 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Obladi
Life Goes On

awuh, I find this fascinating as well. It's an odd and wonderful thing, recognizing that I am what I am, an unusual "type," and then finding myself in company!

This sort of feels like astrology, only not. The more I read, ponder and observe, the more this stuff is making sense to me. Like this:

from INFJ Profile: The INFJ under stress may fall prey to various forms of immediate gratification. Awareness of extraverted sensing is probably the source of the "SP wannabe" side of INFJs. Many yearn to live spontaneously; it's not uncommon for INFJ actors to take on an SP (often ESTP) role.
This is definitely true of me, though in my case the role I take on nowadays is ISTP, perhaps because this is the type of my SO and I do admire/envy his style. In my view, it's rather selfish, but in a good way (for the most part). He knows what he likes, he doesn't question what he feels, and that's that. How cool would it be to actually BE that way!

And of course, it's the tendency to "fall prey to immediate gratification" that landed me in this pickle with the beast. Somehow, it's comforting to understand that there's some logic to this.