Thread: Hives anyone??
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 03:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
risktheblossom

Itching & Hives started on day 8 of sobriety!

Originally Posted by RyanRed View Post
About a year before I stopped drinking I would break out in hives all the time. It was happening on a daily basis there for awhile. The last year of my drinking was the worst of course. and that year was the year I really started to depend on alcohol to function.

It usually would happen on my legs, and they would pop up when I was doing my daily detox of the day. Basically if I had ran out of alcohol the night before, and had none left to drink the next afternoon. That is until I went to the store for more.

I'm assuming they were detox related anyway because as soon as I started to drink they would go away. Maybe anxiety related?

Since I've been sober for 6 months now, I don't get them anymore. Im just wondering if anyone has ever had hives due to not drinking when you were drinking.

-Ryan

I am on day 10 now of no drinking (and plan fully for this to be permanent) and the ONLY alcohol withdrawl symptom I have experienced is severe itching which started 2 days ago. It was slow at first and I didn't pay it much mind. A little itching here and there. Now I have itchy red welts across my abdomen, behind my knees, on the palms of my hands, eyelids, etc. The itching is horrible! I haven't eaten anything different, changed any soaps or products I use, etc.

From what I researched online, it seems that itching can be part of withdrawls. I searched this topic in this forum and don't find too much about it. Does anyone else have severe itching after quitting alcohol???? Input please...