View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 07:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
escapist

Just what are the symptoms of Detox

I am baffled. I have been sober for 5 days now. Yesterday I woke up at 5:00 am feeling peaceful and alert. The day proceeded to become unbearable. I went to the office and by 2:00 pm I was back where I started (without an actual hangover) Nervous, staring at the clock counting the MINUTES that I had made it without a drink. I dealt with 2 employees and thought I was going to start screaming. I nearly hung up on my CPA . He wanted to talk about the political debates. I just wanted to say I don't give a rats a-- about anything I am trying to stay sober. My family calls me and I don't pick up because I can't handle talking to them. I don't want to tell them I stopped drinking because I don't want to hear how I am supposed to be doing it or how I probably wont do it. I am the only living drunk in my family. I got home sober I felt like I had a bad flu. My legs were stiff, I could hardly climb the stairs, my whole body hurt. I felt like I had a fever. I took an Advil PM and a shower. Went to bed at 9:00 pm and slept until 9:00 am . I also have a very dry mouth. I am drinking lots of water. I never want to drink again. I feel nuts. Is this ok and how long will this last?