Old 10-18-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lionhearted1
Been there, done that!

Can problem drinkers/ abusers alcoholics ever drink moderately?

I know From the title you are all going to think iam a naive newby trying to get an answer to continue drinking, this is not the case I know the addiction very well been in aa did not buy into it done avrt and love it works well with me and has been keeping me sober! My problem is I stopped drinking decided I would give it up was on 4 weeks yesterday and in the last 6 months drunk about 5 times,it was my 30th birthday I went away and my fiancé knowing all the problems we have had said do you think you will be able to just have a few drinks tonight? I was torn but decided as I was away I would try and it went fine but I know this means nothing because I have drunk moderately at times then bang iam off on a bender! My question is I feel I know a lot more about alcohol me addiction etc is it possible to moderate?? To be honest I don't know whether I even want alcohol in my life again but it wold be nice to feel normal, Ie if I won't a drink I can.... And this is not my addiction talking as I know deep down I will not go back to day daily drinking again as I have not in the last 6 months!!