Old 10-18-2012, 07:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
MamaKit

Caligirl,
I'm so sorry. I think you need to be prepared for him to go back on his promises. He's not working a program. From what I've learned and what I've experienced, it seems to me he may have been really scared by the DUI and the possible effect that you may leave him. Maybe his intentions were good when he made those promises. But it could also be that he made those promises just to pacify you and to maintain the situation he is in that allows him to drink and to be with you. My A was never really in recovery so, I can't say what to expect when they are on the right path. But I can say, that my A promised me many, many times that he would stop. I would be beyond happy! We would talk about it daily and feel good about the new life we would have without alcoholism. Then, suddenly, talking about it was no longer ok. He would be angry and say the same things your A did. Within days he would be drinking again. This happened more times than I can count - really, dozens and dozens of times.
I think your instincts are correct in telling you that you should be concerned.
You can't control it Caligirl. You can't. But you can control you and what you do with your life.
Keep posting. We care about you and we get it.
Hugs,
MamaKit