View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 06:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
serious

I don't think you need any reason to quit. Also, it doesn't have to have a negative connotation either. What about simply being healthy? Is that a reason to quit?

And I would say your list is pretty solid, if that's what you are after (from your own words):
- I've put my life in danger so often.
- My body stopped being able to cope with the booze and pills.
- I was in pain all the time, I was a mess.
- ... I was so so ill all the time
- I couldn't even walk for 10 minutes (I was 27 8 weeks ago, so that's obviously not a good level of health).
- I've had so many wake-up calls that I ignored, I've hurt myself and other people so much.

I don't know for sure, but it sounds like a list of very good reasons to quit. I hope you don't want to add things like: going to jail, DUI, actually hurting someone, losing a job, family, friends... those things would eventually come around as well.

It certainly doesn't "click" on day one, but you've done an amazing job of quitting and being sober for 8 weeks. I would say you should keep up the great job, see how you feel in 2 more months.
Do you feel that your health is improving? Do you see positive changes, maybe small ones happening in your life?