Old 10-17-2012, 06:43 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by Florence View Post
I always dreaded my AH leaving, then when he did I felt relieved. What's that about?

Here's to hoping you feel relieved and have free reign over your castle for a few days.
Yes! Totally understand that feeling well. He left a message on my phone last night and send me a text this AM. Apparently, he had an overnight layover in Atlanta but I had no idea because he didn't share his travel itinerary with me. I didn't call him back and sent him a late text telling him that we'll just see him when he gets back.

I'm just tired of the evasiveness, of never feeling like I get the whole story, of always feeling like he's leaving out details just so he can control the information he gives me. Is that an alkie thing or something else?

We have a tennis friend(mostly AH's friend, but I know him well enough to hug him and talk to him when I see him) who was diagnosed with cancer recently. AH gets email updates from his friend and from others who are communicating with this guy's wife. I asked AH what kind of cancer Ben had, and AH says I don't know and told me that he was on dialysis and had an immune system that is now shot and can't see visitors, etc. So, AH was going through his emails one day and I happened to walk past and saw him looking at a 2 week old email(he was deleting messages) and it was an update on his friend. It said that the guy had multiple myeloma(it's a cancer affecting the blood) and went into detail about the cancer and the treatment he's receiving. AH looked at me smugly and said, "I didn't read the email all the way through and I forgot what kind of cancer it was", as I'm standing behind him reading it. Honestly, it's such a stupid little thing but this is what he does with every freakin' little thing. Just gives me a little bit of information and then tells me he doesn't know, doesn't have the rest, can't find the papers, etc. It's like a passive aggressive game he's playing. How hard would it have been to just tell me what's going on with Ben? It's like when he neglected to tell me that his former boss had died. I asked about him one day and ah says, "Oh, he died." That's it, no emotion and no further information. I felt like I was pulling teeth to get any information from him. Just weird, that's the only way I can explain it. NOT NORMAL, LOL!