View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
suki44883
RIP Sweet Suki

I was devastated, too, but it wasn't my bottom. My bottom wasn't nearly as dramatic. Sure, I quit drinking for a couple of months, but it's funny how the mind works. We tend to minimize the devastation after a while. While we go through the legal process and spend all that money and have to do so many things, we start getting angry. We decide that it's all a huge money trap and that we didn't do anything that thousands of people don't do everyday. We were just unlucky enough to get caught.

I drank for another two years, although I did stop driving after I drank alcohol. I finally just got tired of feeling half sick every day, sluggish, not interested in much of anything except getting home from work so I could have some beer. I finally got sick enough of it that I checked myself into a detox facility and grabbed a hold of sobriety.

I hope your husband does use this as his bottom. I hope he realizes how lucky he is that a DUI is the worst that happened. It could have been so much worse, and it still can get worse if he doesn't take this warning to heart.